The adoption of ISO 20000, the globally accepted standard for defining IT service management systems, enables organizations to control risks and achieve business benefits. There is therefore a high demand for professionals qualified in and capable of implementing the ISO 20000, processes of which allows for greater efficiency, continual improvement and helps providers deliver quality services to their customers.
KnowledgeHut helps you prepare for the ISO 20000 Foundation certification provided by PEOPLECERT where candidates will be introduced to the principles and core elements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard for IT Service Management. With comprehensive courseware, in-depth exercises, and training from experienced professionals, participants can aim for a first time clearance of the examination and apply the ISO 20000 standard for organizational excellence.
>Differences and relationships between ITIL® and ISO/IEC 20000
>Establish and improve SMS: requirements, planning, implementing, monitoring, maintaining.
>Security policy requirements
>Importance of security’s part in the control processes: change and release and deployment management
>Purpose of security control
>Access management for physical and intellectual property
>Service Level Management (SLM): concepts and responsibilities
>Requirements for continuity and availability management
>Activities related to monitoring and managing availability
>Budgeting and Accounting
• Communication with the customer
• Customer complaint procedures
• Managing service review meetings
• Managing contracts and performance
• Roles and relationships with suppliers
• Communication with the suppliers
• Managing disputes
6. Resolution processes
>Incident and service request management: restoration of service to the users, handling breaches of service targets, managing the fulfillment of service requests
>Problem management: procedures and activities, management of known errors
>Change management: change process, emergency change process, schedule of changes
>Release and deployment management: requirements of a release plan, designing and implementing a release
8. Management system auditing
>Defining the scope
>Types of audits and assessments
>Roles and responsibilities
>Coverage and governance of the processes
- ISO/IEC 20000-1: the formal specification which defines the requirements that must be achieved.
- ISO/IEC 20000-2: which describes a code of practice
- ISO/IEC 20000-3: ISO/IEC 20000-3: which provides guidance on scope definition and applicability of ISO/IEC 20000-1
Holders of PEOPLCERT’s ISO 20000 IT Service Management Foundation Certification will be able to demonstrate their knowledge, ability, competence and understanding in:
- Definitions and principles of quality management services in accordance with ISO/IEC 20000
- Positioning of ISO/IEC 20000 in the IT service management including its relationship with other standards and best practices.
- Objectives and requirements in each section of the specification.
- Scope, aims and use of the ISO/IEC 20000 Specification and Code of Practice.
- Processes and objectives of ISO/IEC 20000 and IT service management (ITSM).
- Fundamental requirements for a service management system (SMS).
- Purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and associated terminology.
- Eligibility and scoping statement requirements.
- Requirements of the IT service management system and the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle.
- How assessments, reviews and internal audits of IT Service Management systems against the requirements of the standard are used.
From the workshop:
- 16 hours training
- Downloadable courseware
- ISO 20000 exam voucher
- End-to-end support via phone, email and chat
There are no prerequisites for attending this workshop or the exam. But it is recommended that participants have at least a basic knowledge of IT service management concepts and terminology and have undergone some formal training on the subject with a proposed duration of 16 hours.
The ISO 20000 Foundation Certification Exam focuses on Knowledge and Comprehension categories of the Bloom’s Taxonomy. Knowledge is defined as recalling previously learned material, from facts to theories and represents the lowest level of learning outcomes in the cognitive domain. Assessment objectives would include knowing and recalling:
- Common and/or basic terms, definitions, concepts and principles
- Specific compliance requirements and facts
- Processes, procedures and assessment methods
Comprehension is the lowest level of understanding and entails the ability to grasp the meaning of the material taught, including some sort of interpretation, translation or estimation during the process. Assessment objectives would include knowing and recalling:
- Understanding facts, concepts and principles
- Interpreting material (i.e. charts, graphs, text)
- Justifying a Process, procedure and assessment method
|Delivery||Computer (web) or Paper based|
|Type||40 Multiple choice questions
Single answer, one of four possible answers Each question is awarded one (1) mark
|Duration||1 hour (60 minutes)
For non-native speakers or candidates with a disability, an additional 15 minutes of extra time is allowed.
|Pass Mark||65% (26/40)|
|Invigilator / Supervisor / Proctor||Yes
Physical or Web proctoring
No materials are allowed in the examination room
The tests are derived from a regularly updated question test bank (QTB) based on the test specification detailed below. Questions are used interchangeably among test sets. The overall difficulty level of each test is the same with any other test. A candidate is never assigned the same test in the case of multiple examination attempts
The examination will consist of nine (9) sections with the following structure:
|2||ITSMS-6.2 Service Management Systems (SMS)||25.0%|
|3||ITSMS-6.3 Information security management||7.5%|
|4||ITSMS-6.4 Design and Transition of Services (new or changed)||5.0%|
|5||ITSMS-6.5 Service Delivery processes||20.0%|
|6||ITSMS-6.6 Relationship processes||10.0%|
|7||ITSMS-6.7 Resolution processes||10.0%|
|8||ITSMS-6.8 Control processes||10.0%|
|9||ITSMS-6.9 Management system auditing||5.0%|
Refer the following link for more information:
This qualification is the first level of the ISO/IEC 20000 certification scheme provided by Peoplecert, and is aimed at anyone working within a service provider organization (internally or externally) who may require to have and demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and its content. The certification can also cater for candidates seeking personal certification, also in regards to their knowledge and understanding of the requirements and the content of the standard.
Q. Can you tell me regarding the Training?
ISO 20000 promotes the adoption of an integrated IT service management process that allows for greater efficiency and continual improvement. Given these benefits, organizations demand certified ISO professionals who have thorough knowledge of its tools and are able to: Uphold the principles of proper ethical conduct Evaluate objective evidence and determine the effectiveness of ITSM Report accurately audit findings Manage the audit process
Q. Who can benefit from this course?
Anyone working within a service provider organization (internally or externally) who may require to have and demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and its content.
Q.How we can register for the training?
You can register through online, we will provide online registration link you can use that link and do registration for the same.
Q.There is any group discount?
Yes, if you will be coming with 5 people we will give you 10% discount.
Q. What is training Timing & venue?
Training time will be 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM and venue will be communicated according to locations.